Saturday, June 15, 2013

WINE ?



     When I was trying to decide on a name for my blog, the eat/walk/run part came easy...but I also wanted to have a section that could be about anything, or everything!  I chose the word WINE to represent hobbies in my life, cooking, gardening, etc. 
     This year marks the second spring for our small vineyard of chardonel grape vines.  They are growing beyond my expectations.  We will need to get the trellis up this year to help the vines grow in the direction that is best for grape production.  Here is a picture of our chardonel grapes.
Chardonel is used in winemaking, but can be used for jelly.  I look forward to seeing the vines reach their full potential in the next 2-3 years.
     We also have a variety of other fruits and herbs on our farm.  We have apples, blackberries, peaches, and strawberries.  I have a small herb garden that includes lavender, oregano, and mint.  The oregano is blooming, so I should have already harvested the leaves.  They are at their peak flavor just prior to the plant blooming.  Here is my very healthy oregano...

     Wouldn't it be cool to be able to combine today's topic and pictures into a future EAT blog entry? One day I'll be able to drink my very own chardonel wine with a delicious pasta dish that includes my homegrown oregano.  Yes, that would be very cool indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment