Wednesday, June 5, 2013

National Running Day

     How appropriate for my next topic, RUN, to happen on National Running Day!  I got up extra early to run/walk 3 miles, before work, to celebrate national running day and to get my music and endorphin fix for the day!  It was a great run, full of a beautiful sunrise, clouds reflected on the surface of our pond, and my running buddy, Sparky, chasing rabbits! 
     Twitter and Instagram have both been full of great pictures and tweets about how everyone was celebrating this day.  From Asics retweeting their follower's pictures to Scott Jurek posting his "meet the moment", there certainly was no lack of inspiration for runners today.  I must confess, watching the trail run videos that are posted on twitter can be very addictive.  Watching them makes me want to go run a trail ASAP!  I can truly call running here at home trail running, because Sparky has made me some trails running rabbits, but there's nothing like the 11 miles of single track at LBL Canal Loop!!!  I ran the trails last Saturday in the rain...it was epic! 
     Btw, there are a variety of apps and websites that can help you keep track of mileage, speed, and time spent.  I use Walktracker Pro and then convert the time and speed over to myfitnesspal to keep track of my calorie expenditure.  I also love the map part of walktracker.  It is so cool to actually see where you've run!
     Here is a picture of my run today.  I hope you got out and enjoyed your run today, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment